How to display your Knowork community on your own website URL
Displaying your Knowork community in your own domain is a great way to maintain your brand and make it easy for your members to find it. By default, your community has a Knowork customizable sub-domain: <YourName>.knowork.co.
This guide will show you how to connect Knowork to your own website domain. So you can display your community like these examples:
- Make sure you have access to the Domain Name System (DNS) records (e.g., A, CNAME, or TXT records) of the website you want to connect to Knowork.
- If you are unsure of how to access your DNS settings, you can usually find instructions from the hosting provider of your website. Here are some guides by popular providers: GoDaddy / Wix / CloudFlare / HostGator.
Login to your hosting provider, navigate to your DNS settings, and create a new "A" Record. The new record will have several input options where you need to add the following information.
- In the Name/Host/Alias field enter your chosen sub-domain name. For example:
- In the target or points to field, paste the following IP address:
- In the TTL field (if setting exists), use the setting Auto.
Make sure to save your new A record. If you are using CloudFlare, set the Proxy Status to DNS Only.
2. Send firstname.lastname@example.org an email.
Once your new A Record has been created get in touch with your Knowork account manager or just email us at email@example.com with the Name/Host/Alias (like community or members) and your website URL (mywebsite.com) and we'll connect your Knowork community to your new domain!
Once it goes live, our team will send you a message letting you know that the Knowork community has been connected to your desired domain. When someone tries to visit the old <YourName>.knowork.co domain, they will automatically be redirected to your custom domain.
If you have questions, please get in touch with our team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or click the question mark icon at the bottom right and fill out a ticket.